The Civilian Pay Matrix: No. 1-2/2016-IC.—Whereas, on the 25th of July, 2016, the Government of India accepted the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission in respect of the categories of employees covered in the Terms of Reference contained in its earlier Resolution No.1/1/2013-E.III(A) dated the 28th of February, 2014.
Civilian Pay Matrix
The Civilian Pay Matrix: And, moreover, the Government has deemed it essential to make the following amendments in the recommendations of the said Seventh Central Pay Commission in relation to the aforementioned categories of employees:
(1) The Defence Pay Matrix (excluding Military Nursing Service (MNS)) will be expanded to 40 levels, identical to the Civil Pay Matrix;
(2) The Index of Rationalisation (IOR) of Levels 12A and 13 of the Defence Pay Matrix will be increased from 2.57 to 2.67. The Defence Pay Matrix (excluding MNS) shall be amended appropriately; (3) To correct the factual mistakes occurring in Level 10B and Level 12 of the MNS pay matrix and in light of changes in the IOR in the Defence Pay Matrix, the first stage shall be revised.
3) In order to correct the factual mistakes in Levels 10B and 12 of the MNS pay matrix, and in light of changes in the IOR in the Defence Pay Matrix, the first stage of the relevant Levels of the MNS pay matrix should likewise alter. As a result, the Pay Matrix (MNS) will be updated.
(4) The IOR of Level-13 of the Civil Pay Matrix will be increased from 2.57 to 2.67. As a result, the Civil Pay Matrix included in Annexure-1 specified in paragraph 6 of the aforementioned Resolution of July 25, 2016, will be updated. Appendix 1 contains the amended Civil Pay Matrix.
(5) The provision in paragraph 13 of the aforementioned Resolution dated July 25, 2016, shall be revised so that the benefit of pay protection in the form of personal pay of officers posted on deputation under the Central Staffing Scheme, as envisaged therein, shall take effect on January 1, 2016, rather than July 25, 2016. Furthermore, this benefit would be extended to officers from Central Staffing Scheme Services who are on deputation to the Central Government for positions not covered by the Central Staffing Scheme.
The Civilian Pay Matrix: It Is ordered that this Resolution be published in the Extraordinary Gazette of India. It is ordered that a copy of this Resolution be sent to all Ministries/Departments of the Government of India, State Governments, Administrations of Union Territories, and anyone who may be affected.